I'm investing and helping build companies that are driven by intelligent systems.
To that end, I am currently active on a number of fronts including:
- Venture Partner at Point Nine Capital, a Berlin-based early-stage venture capital firm known for investments such as Zendesk, Algolia and Typeform. Find out more here.
- Advisor to TwentyBN, a Berlin/Toronto-based company developing groundbreaking technology that allows machines to perceive the world like humans. Find out more here.
- Advisor to PROWLER.io, a Cambridge-based company developing an AI platform for decision-making in a complex, dynamic and uncertain world. Find out more here.
- Founder of The Research and Applied AI Summit, a leading community for entrepreneurs and researchers who accelerate the science and applications of artificial intelligence to solve the World's most important problems. Our 4th edition is happening on June 29th 2018. Watch talks from the 2017 edition here.
- Organizer of London.AI, a popular product-focused AI meetup uniting academics, entrepreneurs and engineers.
I was previously a Partner at Playfair Capital, a London-based £20M venture firm investing in early-stage European and US technology companies. I was responsible for investments including Mapillary, Numerai, Ravelin, Thought Machine, Starship Technologies, Kalo, Trouva and Dojo. Playfair Capital became one of Europe's most active investors in data/AI-driven companies.
Prior to Playfair, I earned an M.Phil and Ph.D. in computational and experimental cancer research as a Gates and Dr. Herchel Smith Scholar at the University of Cambridge, and a BA in biology from Williams College. I've published research that leverages both experimental and computational approaches to understand how we might stem the fatal spread of cancer around the body.
Curious to learn more about my path from academia into technology investing? Read my story here.
I also tweet sometimes from @nathanbenaich.